2 victories in 4 days for Andre Greipel
The winner of the Stage 4 of the OVO Energy Tour of Britain was crowned Andre Greipel. The German completed the 183km route, which kicked off in Nuneaton, in a time of 4:22:04. EF-Drapac’s Sacha Modolo crossed the line in second place, with BMC’s Patrick Bevin in third.
“I knew it was going to be a long sprint but I planned to go from the corner full gas and it worked out perfectly.” Greipel said.
As for the General Classification, Bevin’s third-place helped extend his lead over Cameron Mayer (Mitchelton-Scott) and Julian Alaphilippe (Quick-Step Floors) ahead of tomorrow’s team time trial to Whinlatter Pass.
Stage four results
1. André Greipel (Lotto-Soudal) 4:22:04
2. Sacha Modolo (EF-Drapac)
3. Patrick Bevin (BMC)
4. Rick Zabel (Katusha-Alpecin)
5. Carlos Barbero (Movistar)
6. Emīls Liepiņš (One Pro Cycling)
7. Romain Cardis (Direct Énergie)
8. Dan McLay (EF-Drapac)
9. Tennant (Canyon-Eisberg)
10. Gabriel Cullaigh (Team Wiggins)
1. Patrick Bevin (BMC) 15:25:11
2. Cameron Meyer (Mitchelton-Scott) +00:04
3. Julian Alaphilippe (Quick-Step Floors) +00:06
4. Jasha Sütterlin (Movistar) +00:16
5. Wout Poels (Team Sky)
6. Chris Hamilton (Team Sunweb)
7. Bob Jungels (Quick-Step Floors)
8. Primož Roglič (LottoNL-Jumbo)
9. Hugh Carthy (EF-Drapac) +00:23
10. Scott Davies (Dimension Data) +00:26
Tomorrow’s short blast up the Whinlatter climb should be a decisive day for those longing to win the race overall.