Roma and Atalanta will meet for their 5th round of Serie A on Wednesday
The hosts currently in 4th spot with 8 points, while their opponents Atalanta are not far behind sitting in 6th with 7 points.
Match Date – Roma vs Atalanta : 25/09/19
Kick-Off: 19:00 CET
Stadium: Stadio Olimpico
- The hosts remain unbeaten in Serie A with two wins and two draws
- Atalanta are in 6th position in the league
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 13 of Roma’s last 16 home games (Serie A)
- Roma opponents Atalanta are undefeated in 16 of their last 17 matches (Serie A)
- Each of Atalanta’s last five matches featured over 2.5 goals
Roma Team News
🔙 Il 25 settembre del 1927 l'#ASRoma giocava la sua prima partita in massima divisione contro il Livorno al Motovelodromo Appio
🐺 Finì 2-0 con reti di Ziroli e Fasanelli
📋 Questa la formazione schierata da William Garbutt per quello storico esordio pic.twitter.com/X7j9dvNZ3m
— AS Roma (@OfficialASRoma) September 25, 2019
Roma bounced back from a pair of draws to rack up victories over Sassuolo and Bologna. Roma will face more difficulty however against Atalanta. Their opponents have gained seven points from four games.
Gianluca Mancini was sent off last weekend and will be replaced by Juan Jesus for this clash.
Roma predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Pau Lopez; Spinazzola, Juan Jesus, Fazio, Kolarov; Cristante, Veretout; Zaniolo, Pellegrini, Mkhitaryan; Dzeko
Atalanta Team News
⚫️ MATCHDAY 🔵
— Atalanta B.C. (@Atalanta_BC) September 25, 2019
Atalanta are struggling for consistency since the season’s start and are alternating wins and losses. Their weekend meeting with Fiorentina saw them draw deep into stoppage time thanks to a goal from Timothy Castagne.
Atalanta predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gollini; Masiello, Djimsiti, Rafael Toloi; Hateboer, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Gomez, Ilicic; Zapata
- Record: Roma wins: 24 | Atalanta wins: 13 | Draws: 12
- Atalanta are undefeated in their last 5 away matches against Roma in all competitions
- Three of the last five meetings featured over 2,5 goals, while four witnessed goals at both ends
- Roma’s last home victory dates back to 2014, five matches ago
Betting Odds & Prediction – Roma vs Atalanta
We anticipate an entertaining game, with goal-scoring chances at both ends of the pitch. Both trams come here in form, both look good on paper, and there may be nothing to chose between them.
Prediction: Roma 1-1 Atalanta
*Odds are subject to change.