Leicester will pose a major threat to Liverpool’s 16-game winning run in the league
Kick-off: 16:00 CET
Two of the Premier League’s form sides face off on Saturday, as Liverpool welcome Leicester City, along with their former manager Brendan Rodgers, to Anfield.
- Liverpool have won their last 16 matches in the Premier League
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 10 home matches in the Premier League
- Manchester City are currently 5 points behind Liverpool at the top of the standings
- The Reds are unbeaten in their last 43 home league games, which is the longest ongoing run in the top five European leagues, and Liverpool’s second-longest in the top flight.
- Leicester have lost 11 of their last 13 Premier League games against sides starting the day top of the table, with their last such victory coming in January 1998.
Liverpool Team News
🔴 T H E R E D S 🔴 pic.twitter.com/i8qBBDj69E
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) October 3, 2019
Liverpool return to the Premier League welcoming an in-form Leicester City to Anfield.
Allison is a doubt for this clash, and is likely to start after the international break. Joel Matip is also unlikely to feature, and Joe Gomez is in line to deputise if required. Nathaniel Clyne and Xherdan Shaqiri will be sitting this one out.
The Reds picked up a win in midweek as the fixtures come in thick and fast, so Klopp may be looking to rotate a few players here.
Liverpool Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Leicester Team News
"We’re going there to test the Champions League winners, that’s our job.
"If we work as well as we have been, we can match any team.
"We’re looking forward to seeing how we can impose our game."
— Leicester City (@LCFC) October 3, 2019
Leicester have had a strong start to their campaign and could very well make their way into the top six this season. Brendan Rodgers’ men stormed to victory last time out with a 5-0 drubbing of Newcastle United, moving the Foxes up into third place in the table.
Leicester trashed New Castle 5-0 last week and sit in the top four ahead of this round of games.
Rogers may bring Albrighton and possibly Choudhury back into the side for their strong defensive capabilities at Anfield.
Leicester Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Schmeichel; Ricardo Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell; Ndidi; Albrighton, Praet, Tielemans, Barnes; Vardy
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 8 home matches against Leicester in all competitions
- The two sides have met 112 times, with the Reds boasting the better record
- Liverpool have claimed victory in this fixture 48 times, while Leicester have come out on top 39 times
- The last meeting between the two in the league came back in January, with the match ending 1-1
Betting Odds & Liverpool vs Leicester Prediction
Liverpool have picked up seven wins from their opening seven games, and sit five points clear of title rivals Manchester City – and we think they can maintain that lead.
We expect Leicester to put up a fight nonetheless, and this game will be filled with quality and attacking football.
Prediction: Liverpool 2 – 1 Leicester Betting odds found at Yobetit.com: 7.5