The Premier League is back this weekend as Everton host strong opponents Manchester City
Kick-off time: 18:30
Stadium: Goodison Park
- Manchester City have scored in each of their last 28 Premier League games
- Victory in this match would see David Silva reach 200 Premier League wins faster than any other player, on his 289th appearance.
- No player has created more chances than Kevin De Bruyne (27) in the Premier League this season
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches against Everton in all competition – Total Goals Over 2: 1.2
Everton Team News
Throwback to some amazing goals against Man City! 🔥 #EVEMCI
— Everton (@Everton) September 27, 2019
Andre Gomes and Jean-Philippe Gbamin will be absent for this meeting. Gomes hasn’t featured since the 3-2 win over Wolves at the start of the month due to a rub injury, while Jean-Philippe Gbamin continues his rehabilitation on the sidelines with a quadricep problem. The Portuguese fielded a strong lineup in the cup at Sheffield Wednesday and after a 2-0 win the coach may be tempted to reward the same starting XI.
Richarlison’s ability to drift infield and pop up in threatening positions could prove problematic for Pep Guardiola this weekend, should the 22-year-old be in the mood that is. No Everton player has registered more shots (17), had more touches in the opposition box (30) or scored more goals (2) than Richarlison in the Premier League this season.
Everton Predicted XI: Jordan Pickford; Seamus Coleman, Yerry Mina, Michael Keane, Lucas Digne; Fabian Delph, Morgan Schneiderlin; Alex Iwobi, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Richarlison; Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
Manchester City Team News
— Manchester City (@ManCity) September 26, 2019
Manchester City will be looking to keep Liverpool on their toes at the summit of the Premier League table when they travel to Merseyside.
Centre-back duo Aymeric Laporte and John Stones continue treatment for a knee and thigh injury respectively. Leroy Sane remains out with a knee injury of his own.
Manchester City Predicted XI: Ederson; Kyle Walker, Nicolas Otamendi, Fernandinho, Benjamin Mendy; Rodri, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne; Raheem Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Sergio Aguero.
- Everton’s 4-0 win against Manchester City in January 2017 is their only victory in 12 Premier League meetings (D4, L7).
- City can win four consecutive league matches against Everton for the first time since March 1972.
Betting Odds & Preview
Manchester City have been unstoppable since their defeat to Norwich. Everton on the other hand, are out of form and do not look capable of bringing them to a halt. It is difficult to look beyond anything other than a resounding away win.
Prediction: Everton 1 – 3 Manchester City