Chelsea host Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Sunday bringing an end to week 6
Chelsea and Liverpool both fell to defeat in their first Champions League games of the season in midweek. Liverpool lost to Napoli for the second season in a row, while Chelsea slipped to defeat at home to Valencia.
Chelsea have been very leaky at the back, but have not struggled for goals with Tammy Abraham joint-top scorer with Sergio Aguero on seven goals.
Liverpool recovered after conceding the first goal against Newcastle last week, winning 3-1 and looking much better once Roberto Firmino entered the game. Find everything you need to know ahead of the match at Stamford Bridge below:
Time: 17:30 CET
Stadium: Stamford Bridge
Chelsea Team News
This one goes way back… 🔵🔴#CHELIV
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) September 22, 2019
Chelsea have received a boost ahead of facing Liverpool with the news that Mason Mount could feature.N’Golo Kante has recovered from an ankle injury and his general fitness will be assessed. Callum Hudson-Odoi should return from his Achilles injury next week.
Chelsea Predicted Line-up: Kepa, Zouma, Tomori, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso, Willian, Abraham, Pulisic
Liverpool Team News
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) September 21, 2019
Liverpool will continue to be without Alisson, Nathaniel Clyne, Divock Origi and Naby Keita this weekend. Jurgen Klopp won’t make too many changes from the side that lost to Napoli, though the likes of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Joe Gomez and Georginio Wijnaldum will be pushing for recalls.
Liverpool predicted line-up: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane
Chelsea vs Liverpool Head-to-Head
- Liverpool have won their last 14 matches in the Premier League
- Chelsea are undefeated in their last 11 home matches in the Premier League
- Chelsea have been victorious in just one of their last nine Premier League meetings with Liverpool (D5 L3)
- Liverpool could become the first club to win their opening six games in consecutive top-flight seasons
- Chelsea have beaten the team starting the day top of the Premier League 18 times – three more than any other side
- Liverpool are unbeaten in a Premier League club record 22 games (W18 D4). However, the Reds have won just one of their last 12 league games away to other ‘Big Six’ teams (D6 L5)
Chelsea vs Liverpool Betting Odds
Both sides have scored freely this season, and both sides have conceded more than they’d like, with Chelsea in particular looking defensively suspect.
Liverpool still have a perfect record in the Premier League, though their lead at the top of the table may only be two points by the time they kick off on Sunday.
Prediction: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
*Odds are subject to change.
Find an extensive list of betting odds on Yobetit.com