Everything you need to know ahead of the FA Cup clash
Date: Friday 25th January
Time: 20:55 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium
Arsenal Team News
We face Manchester United on Friday…
…so we thought we'd get this one out of the archive 😍
There's nobody else like The King 👑 pic.twitter.com/lGYgNurIiY
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) January 23, 2019
Hector Bellerin will be out of action for the rest of the season after sustaining a serious knee injury, which means Stephan Lichsteiner or Ainsley Maitland-Niles will be filling in.
Henrikh Mkitaryan is expected to be back in training this week, but Friday’s clash against former side Manchester United may come too soon for the Armenian.
Emery has had Ozil in and out of the team all season, but the German will be hoping to feature on Friday night.
Possible Line up
Cech; Lichsteiner, Mustafi, Sokratis, Monreal; Guendouzi, Xhaka; Willock, Ozil, Iwobi; Lacazette
Manchester United Team News
"I love football. I love working in football. And if you want to work in football this is the place to be."
Ole ❤️ pic.twitter.com/pec2AWfncC
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) January 23, 2019
Ole Gunnar Soskjaer will be looking to maintain the Reds unbeaten run when they go up against Arsenal on Friday night. It is yet to be confirmed if Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling and Marcos Rojo will be available for selection. Shaw fell ill following up to their victory over Brighton.
Last week Solskjaer announced that Marouane Fellaini is expected to be out for three weeks due to a calf injury but he expects former Arsenal’s forward Alexis Sanchez to return against his former club after missing the last two games through injury.
De Gea; Young, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw; Herrera, Matic, Pogba; Mata, Lukaku, Alexis
- Arsenal are undefeated in 23 of their last 25 matches in the FA Cup
- Manchester United have won 6 of their last 7 matches in the FA Cup
- Manchester United have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches against Arsenal in all competitions
- Arsenal have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Manchester United in all competitions
- The pair have met on 14 previous occasions in the FA Cup
- Both teams have knocked each other out respectively in the FA Cup
- It is the third time Arsenal have hosted Manchester United in the FA Cup
- The Red Devils are unbeaten in their last 3 meetings with the Gunners
Betting Odds & Prediction
Arsenal will be heading in with full confidence after beating London rivals Chelsea last time out.
Both teams have scored in eight of their last ten meetings so we can expect to see some goals on Friday. With home advantage and the fact that the competition has been kind to Arsenal over the years, we predict a final outcome of Arsenal 2- 1 Manchester United.