Our team at OnlineSportsBlog.com will keep you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip and updates throughout the whole month. So make sure you stay with us to follow all the latest developments.
Can’t keep up with all the rumours? Don’t you worry! We’ve got you covered!
GENOA AGREE TO RE-SIGN STEFANO STURARO
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) January 7, 2019
Genoa have agreed a deal to re-sign Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro. A deal for six-months has been agreed on according to journalist Romeo Agresti.
POGBA IS GETTING HIS JANUARY MOVE
Florentin Pogba is on a week-long trial at Elche in the hope of securing a contract with the Spanish second division club.
Paul Pogba’s brother Florentin was last with Super Lig outfit Genclerbirligi.
KAMANO AGREES TO €15M BID WITH MONACO
Bordeaux forward Francois Kamano has agreed to join Monaco in a deal worth €18million with bonus inclusive, according to L’Equipe.
But the Girondins are unwilling to let the 22-year-old leave for a deal less than €20 million.
LEEDS DUO COMPLETE LOAN MOVES
The Leeds duo have both completed moves away from Elland Road.
Shaughnessy joins Hearts until the end of the season while Coyle extends Fleetwood Town loan.
JOSH KERR JOINS DERRY CITY
Brighton defender Josh Kerr has moved to Northern Irish club Derry City on a six-month loan deal.
The 20-year-old helped Brighton reach the top flight of the Under-23 Professional Development League in 2018.
EFL CLARIFY BOLTON SITUATION
EFL have issued a statement on Christian Doidge’s deal collapse at Bolton. Despite playing 17 games this season, and agreeing to a three-year-deal League Two Rovers recalled their player on 6th January.
The League has confirmed to The Bolton News they are now investigating the matter. An EFL spokesman said:
“We were advised of the issue towards the end of last week and since that point have been seeking an appropriate solution that meets the requirements of our regulations.
“The problem has arisen as a result of Bolton Wanderers being placed under a registration embargo which wasn’t in place when both Clubs entered into the initial loan agreement in August 2018.
“We remain in dialogue with both Clubs.”
VICENTE IBORRA MOVES TO VILLARREAL ON PERMANENT DEAL
Leicester midfielder Vicente Iborra has joined Spanish side Villarreal for an undisclosed fee. The contract will run until June 2023.
Iborra made 37 appearances, scoring four goals, but starting only three games this season.
villarreal are currently 17th in La Liga under Luis Garcia management.
SARRI URGES HUDSON-ODOI TO STAY AT CHELSEA
Head coach Maurizio Sarri says a move to Germany would not be in the best interests of Callum Hudson-Odoi as he believes the player has a future at Stamford Bridge.
Bayern Munich have made three offers for the 18-year-old, the latest of which is in excess of £30m, according to Sky sources.
3 OFFERS FOR PAULO DYBALA TO LEAVE JUVE
Bayern Munich, PSG, and Manchester City have all put in offers for Paola Dybala but Juventus are not yet ready to sell the Argentinian forward, according to Tuttosport.
The Bianconeri will reportedly only consider a move for the 25-year-old, if they are able to make £90m profit.
SARRI: FABREGAS NEEDS TO GO
Maurizio Sarri told the media that he has advised Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea.
The 31-year-old’s contract expires at the end of the season, but has a two-year deal from Monaco on the table.
“In my opinion, he needs to go,” Sarri told reporters. “You know very well the situation. You know very well in this club there is a rule: the renewal of players over 30 is usually one year.
“He has an offer (from Monaco) for two years. I don’t want a very important player as Cesc unhappy.”
“Without Cesc we have only five, so we are in trouble. We need a replacement,” Sarri went on the add.
When asked about a potential £45m move for Cagliari’s Nicolo Barella, Sarri said: “I don’t want to talk about players from other teams.”
BRAHIM DIAZ OFFICIALLY A REAL MADRID PLAYER
— Real Madrid C.F.⚽ (@realmadrid) January 7, 2019
Speaking at his presentation ceremony, the 19-year-old Spanish forward Brahim Diaz said: “Today is the most important day of my life, arriving at the team I dreamed of playing for when I was a child. This is the best present for me for Christmas.
“When I decided to leave Manchester City I only thought about three options. The first one, play for Real Madrid. The second one, play for Real Madrid. And the third one, play for Real Madrid. I didn’t want to go anywhere else.”
FODEN INTENDS TO STAY PUT
Phil Foden signed a new six-year contract at Etihad last month, and is determined to bide his time.
“Everyone is different, and I see myself playing here,” Foden said. “It is difficult to get in, but we all try our best. I just need to keep pushing, do my best in the games and take opportunities when they come.
“We’ve got the best set of players and the best staff so I’m in the right position. I’m learning off them every day, so I couldn’t be in a better place. It’s brilliant to play alongside players like Kevin De Bruyne. You just learn from the best.”
BAYERN MUNICH WAIT ON HUDSON-ODOI’S RESPONSE
Bayern Munich offered a bid worth more than £30m for Callum Hudson-Odi, according to Sky Sports News. The Club are yet to receive a response, while RB Leipzig remain interested and would comply with Chelsea’s demands that a buy-back clause is inserted in any deal.
DIEGO GODIN AGREES TO INTER DEAL
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) January 7, 2019
Diego Godin has agreed to join Inter for €6m-per-year, including bonuses with the option for a third campaign once his Atletico Madrid contract expires.
As from next month, Godin will be free to negotiate with his next club.
DEMPSEY SIGNED ON LOAN FROM FLEETWOOD TOWN
Peterborough United have signed Fleetwood Town’s Kyle Dempsey until the end of the season.
“It is a good opportunity for me to come to a club that is challenging at the top of the division, a division I know well,” the 23-year-old said.
WATFORD DUO CLOSE IN ON LOANS TO UDINESE
Stefano Okaka and Marvin Zeegelaar are closing in on moves to Udinese.
Watford’s Osaka has not started a Premier League game since last April. Meanwhile, Zeegelaar still has two-and-a-half years on his contract at Vicarage Road.
UGBO RETURNS TO CHELSEA
Following the end of a loan at Scunthorpe United, Ike Ugbo has returned to Chelsea. The 20-year-old striker scored one goal in 16 appearances for the Irons.
OVIE EJARA UNDERGOES MEDICAL AT READING
Ahead of the Reading loan, Liverpool youngster Ejaria is undergoing a medical.
All the terms are understood to be agreed between the clubs and the 21-year-old is due to arrive in Berkshire on Monday morning.
JUVE READY TO PUSH FOR ISCO
Juventus are stepping up their plans to bring Isco to Serie A, according to Tuttosport. The Real Madrid star has struggled for regular time under Santiago Solari.
Juve hunt both domestic and European glory, so they are eager to have Isco play alongside former Madrid team-mate Ronaldo.
WOLVES HOPE TO SIGN TAMMY ABRAHAM
Tammy Abraham is close to signing a deal to switch from Villa to Wolves. Should a deal go through in the next few days, Abraham would be eligible to make his debut for Nuno Espirito Santo’s side at the Etihad Stadium, according to Sky Sports News.
ARSENAL LEAD RACE TO SIGN RODRIGUEZ
The Gunners are preparing a big-money move for James Rodriguez, according to the Daily Mirror. Arsenal are reported to have had a £63m offer accepted for the Colombia international who is currently on a two-year loan at Bayern Munich.
MORATA REFUSES BORUSSIA DORTMUND PROPOSAL
Chelsea’s Morata has refused Borussia Dortmund’s proposal as he continues to wait for AC Milan to call as he would like to return to Italy, according to Tuttosport. A potential swap deal for Gonzalo Higuain appears to be off the cards as of now.
VILLA SET TO COMPLETE DEAL FOR HAUSE
Aston Villa are reportedly close to completing a loan deal for Wolves defender Kortney Hause, according to Sky Sports News.
A deal with Wolves should be completed in time for Hause to feature in Villa’s home game against Wigan on Saturday.
RONALDO TO MOVE TO UAE?
Ronaldo has been offered a €60m per-year deal to leave Juventus at the end of the season, according to caughtoffside. The Juventus striker has been an instant hit with the Old Lady, as they are once again comfortable at the top of the league and looking set to win an eight consecutive title.
According to Don Balon, Ronaldo has been offered an unprecedented €60 million per season contract from the UAE and could leave Juve at the end of the current campaign.
The Portuguese star is already earning €30m-per-year at the Allianz Stadium and still has opportunities ti win plenty of silverware with the Italian club.
BRAHIM UNDERGOES MEDICAL
— Real Madrid C.F. 🇬🇧🇺🇸 (@realmadriden) January 7, 2019
FODEN NOT AVAILABLE FOR LOAN
Pep Guardiola has confirmed Phil Foden will not be loaned out after the 18-year-old starred in the club’s 7-0 rout of Rotherham in the FA Cup third round.
When asked about loaning out Foden, Guardiola replied;
“No way, impossible, he is going to stay with us many years.
“I think the guys who come from the academy and train with these guys, they learn every day, more than I can say. The rhythm increase. If he plays, it is because we believe he can play. It is not because he is a Manchester City fan or a nice guy, no, it is because we believe he can do it.”
BARCA RESIST ARSENAL EFFORTS FOR SUAREZ
Barcelona are playing hardball over the 25-year-old. Arsenal are keen to complete a loan deal leading to a permanent switch in the summer, but Barcelona are resisting their efforts.
CHELSEA ACCEPT OFFER FOR DEFENDER DAVIDE ZAPPACOSTA
Italian right-back has been given green light to leave Stamford Bridge after falling down pecking order under Maurizio Sarri
Chelsea have reportedly accepted a £13m offer from Lazio for Davide Zappacosta. The right-back will return to Italy this month in a deal which could be made permanent next summer, according to Il Messaggero.
JUVE WILLING TO PAY £10M FOR RAMSEY
Juventus are willing to pay the Gunners £10m to bring Ramsey to Turin in the January window, according to Calciomercato.
The Arsenal midfielder’s contract will expire at the end of the season, however, the Wales international has reportedly agreed to join the Serie A leaders on a five-year deal this summer.
REAL MADRID CONFIRM AGREEMENT WITH DIAZ
Real Madrid have confirmed they will be signing Brahim Diaz on a six-and-a-half-year deal, after rejecting Citys offers of a new contract.
Real will pay City a first sum of £15.5m for the 19-year-old, which could total to £22m through a series of add-ons, according to Sky Sports.
“Today I close a chapter of my life and I say goodbye to Manchester City, the club where I have grown,” Diaz said in a statement on Instagram.
“I came here being a kid and now I am a professional footballer. Thank you to all the managers in the club, from the academy to the first team, for believing in me because they taught me not only to be a better player, but a better person.”