OSB’s Transfer Centre: January Transfer Window – 4th Jan

0
1202
TransferCentre
Online Sports Blog Transfer Centre

04/01/2019

Our team at OnlineSportsBlog.com will keep you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip and updates throughout the whole month. So make sure you stay with us to follow all the latest developments.

Can’t keep up with all the rumours? Don’t you worry! We’ve got you covered!


ANOTHER ONE FROM THE VITALITY STADIUM

Bournemouth have confirmed the signing of Liverpool defender Nathaniel Clyne on loan until the end of the season.


PAQUETA JOINS AC MILAN

AC Milan have announced the signing of Lucas Paqueta from Flamengo.

The Brazilian midfielder has signed a five-year contract at the San Siro.


CHERRIES COMPLETE SOLANKE SWOOP

Bournemouth have completed the signing of striker Dominic Solanke from Liverpool.

The 21-year-old moves to the Vitality Stadium for an undisclosed fee and has signed a long-term deal.


MARADONA HAS DONE IT AGAIN

Diego Maradona’s lawyer assures he’ll return to Dorados “and will continue as Coach for the entire season”.

The Mexican second division is due to get underway this weekend, but the Napoli legend hadn’t shown for pre-season training.

Reports earlier on Friday suggested that El Diego had basically gone AWOL, but it has now been confirmed he’ll return to his post.

“Diego Maradona has arranged to stay with Dorados de Sinaloa, and will continue as Coach for the entire season,” Matias Morla wrote on Twitter.


THORSBY TO JOIN SAMPDORIA

Heerenveen midfielder Morten Thorsby is in Genoa for a medical, ahead of a proposed summer move to Sampdoria.

The 22-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season, so he’s free to negotiate with other clubs from this month.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio’s website, Thorsby has been in Italy since Thursday, and is taking his medicals with the Blucerchiati.


BORINI TO HEAD TO CHINA

Milan forward Fabio Borini is moving closer to a move to Shenzhen, with reports they’ve raised their offer to €8.5m.

The Chinese Superleague club are keen to bring the Italian international to the Far East, while the Rossoneri hope to use his sale to give them room for manoeuvre on the transfer market.


DENDONCKER IS ON THE LIST

Roma are keen to sign midfielder Leander Dendoncker, who is currently out of favour at Wolves, but SkySports News is reporting that the club have so far received no formal approach.

The deal would be a complex one – Dendoncker is currently on loan at Molineux from Anderlecht, and we understand there are plans for that deal to be made permanent for a £12m fee in the summer.


NO FUTURE IN ITALY FOR GABBIADINI

Manolo-Gabbiadini

Manolo Gabbiadini is set to leave Southampton and the Italian striker looks likely to continue his career away from the Serie A despite interest from Milan.

The 27-year-old striker is being courted by Real Betis while he has also offers from Russian sides CSKA Moscow and Spartak Moscow, Fenerbahce, of Turkey and Bundesliga outfit Schalke 04.


TOO MUCH TOO SOON?

Jordan Veretout’s agent says his client won’t leave Fiorentina this month as “€30-35m is not a figure to spend in January”.

The midfielder has been linked with Napoli, among others, but will stay with the Viola until the end of the season.

“Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli likes Veretout, I’ve spoken about that several times,” Mario Giuffredi reiterated on Radio Marte.

“January isn’t his market though, because Fiorentina are aiming for Europe so he’ll stay with the Viola until June.

“He’s a great player who costs a lot, and clubs can’t always make those kind of investments in January. €30-35m is not a figure to spend in January.”


THE RACE IS ON FOR KOULIBALY

Barcelona are willing to pay around €120m for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, reports in Italy said.

The Senegal international has come to be recognised as one of the best defenders in the world, and the Partenopei rejected offers from England last summer.

Now though Neapolitan newspaper Il Mattino is reporting that Barça are ready to come forward with an offer of €120m.

Real Madrid are also interested though, and Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis will hope to spark a bidding war between Koulibaly’s man suitors.


BALOTELLI READY FOR NEW VENTURES

Mario Balotelli’s move to Marseille is one step away from completion, according to SkySports Italia.

Negotiations are underway to terminate his Nice contract to allow the move.

Balotelli has been linked with a return to the Premier League after the striker wouldn’t commit his future to Nice.

balotelli


PELLEGRINI DISMISSES RUMOURS

West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini has dismissed speculation that either Andy Carroll or Marko Arnautovic will be sold in the January window.


LOBOTKA TO EVERTON?

Everton are reportedly targeting a move for Celta Vigo midfielder Stanislav Lobotka, according to the Liverpool Echo.


CLYNE SENT TO BOURNEMOUTH

Bournemouth have agreed a loan deal for Liverpool full-back Nathaniel Clyne until the end of the season.


BOLOGNA SAVES SORIANO

Torino have confirmed that Roberto Soriano’s loan has been terminated and has joined Bologna.

The midfielder joined the Granata from Villarreal this summer, signing on a loan deal with a €14m option to buy.

However, he has struggled for game time and infuriated fans by liking two posts on Instagram after the Derby della Mole – one by Cristiano Ronaldo celebrating his goal, and the other by Juventus pointing out their 5,000th league goal.

“Torino Football Club announces the resolution of the loan of midfielder Roberto Soriano with Villarreal,” a short statement confirms.


BARCELONA LEADING TOBIDO RACE

Barcelona are in pole position to agree a pre-contract agreement with Toulouse defender Jean Clair Todibo, 19, who is out of contract in summer, Mundo Deportivo is reporting.

The implications on potential deals for Jeison Murillo (who they signed on loan from Valencia until the summer) and Matthijs de Ligt (their top target for the next transfer window) isn’t clear but Barcelona are clearly looking to the future.


JANKTO IS NOT FOR SALE

Inter made an offer for Jakub Jankto, according to reports, but Sampdoria made it clear they’ll keep him until at least the end of the season.

The Czech midfielder joined the Blucerchiati from Udinese in the summer, but has only made two Serie A starts for Marco Giampaolo’s side.

Jankto was seen as a hugely promising talent during his time in Udine though, and Tuttosport reports that Inter made an offer to take him to San Siro.

The Nerazzurri hoped to do a deal based on a loan with an option or obligation to buy, but Samp made it clear they want to keep the 22-year-old until at least the end of the season.


MILAN APPROACHES FULHAM MIDFIELDER

Milan have made an inquiry into the availability of Fulham midfielder Stefan Johansen, according to SkySports Italia.

Johansen was a key player in Slavisa Jokanovic’s promotion-winning team at Fulham last season, but has barely had a look in this term.

The Norway captain has seen new signings Jean Michael Seri, Andre Frank Zambo-Anguissa and even Calum Chambers play ahead of him as the Whites have struggled at the foot of the table.


LALLANA TO REMAIN AT ANFIELD

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool forward Adam Lallana will remain at Anfield during this transfer window, and will not be sent out on loan.

Reports elsewhere have stated that a number of clubs are interested in signing him – including Fenerbahce, where former Liverpool Sporting Director Damian Comolli now works.

It was also suggested that a loan deal might suit the player and Jurgen Klopp as Lallana looks to step up his recovery from a groin strain that has restricted him to just two Premier League starts this season.

But the England forward has made two substitute appearances for the league leaders over Christmas and it’s thought Klopp wants to now reintegrate him as a first-team regular.


OKAKA SET TO JOIN SERIE A

Watford forward Stefano Okaka is set to join Serie A side Udinese on loan, according to SkySports Italia.

The deal until the end of the season also contains a right to buy the striker, who has barely featured for the Hornets this term.

Marvin Zeegelaar is also expected to leave Watford to join the Italian club on loan.


ZOLA WANTS HUDSON-ODOI TO STAY

Hudson-Odoi
Chelsea assistant manager Gianfranco Zola says Callum Hudson-Odoi is highly valued by the club and he hopes the youngster will remain in west London.

The Italian also said that he believes the attacker – who is wanted by Bayern Munich – can have a big future at Stamford Bridge.

“I know Bayern is very interested in him, but we are as well,” he said. “We have been proposing a contract to him for quite a while, so we wait and see. We value him as a player. Iknow he hasn’t played as much as he maybe wanted.”


INTER WANT VALENCIA IF MIRANDA GOES

AntonioValenica
Inter Milan would consider a move for Manchester United captain Antonio Valencia if they lose Joao Miranda in the January window, according to Sky in Italy.

Valencia’s United future remains uncertain after a lack of playing time this season, and with his contract expiring in the summer.

The player was not part of Jose Mourinho’s plans, but new United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer returned him to the fold with his first Premier League start since September in Wednesday’s win at Newcastle.

Solskjaer insisted “there aren’t many better right-backs going forward with his abilities”, as he suggested he wants Valencia to feature in United’s resurgence.

And the 33-year-old’s contract does contain an option to extend it by a further year until 2020.

But Valencia is a name on Inter’s list with Brazil international Miranda wanting to leave and aware of interest from other clubs in Europe and China, according to Sky in Italy.


BARBOSA WANTS CHANCE AT INTER

Gabriel Barbosa insists that he wants to stay at Inter despite links to West Ham United and Flamengo.

The striker, known as Gabigol, was on loan with first club Santos after failing to make a single Series A start for the Nerazzurri after his move in 2016.

A loan spell at Benfica also brought no league starts, and it’s widely assumed there’s no place for him at San Siro.

“Before any decision I want to speak with Spalletti,” Gabigol insisted, speaking to Panorama.

“I’ll be in Italy on January 7 for a meeting. I’d like a chance at Inter.”


NEW POSSIBILITIES FOR WERNER

Timo Werner seems reluctant to renew his contract at RB Leipzig, so Juventus and Milan are monitoring the situation.

The German international has scored over 20 goals in the past two seasons, and so far this term he has 14 goals in 21 appearances across all competitions.

According to Fox Sports, the 22-year-old is reluctant to sign a new contract with his current club, and that has put some of Europe’s giants on alert.

Both Juve and Milan have been following him for some time, but with his current deal expiring in 2020 Leipzig would still ask for €60-70m.


ABRAHAM’S WOLVES MOVE IN DOUBT

Tammy Abraham’s move to Wolves is under threat because of a match he played for Chelsea U23s, reports the Sun.

The England U21 international is currently on a season-long loan at Aston Villa.


CHELSEA PLOT £36M LOZANO MOVE

Chelsea are preparing a £36m offer for PSV wide man Hirving Lozano, according to reports in Calciomercato.

The Mexico international, 23, is currently contracted to the Eredivisie champions until the summer of 2020.


VELOSO LEANS TOWARDS MLS

Genoa midfielder Miguel Veloso reportedly rejected a move to Frosinone, as he is leaning towards proposals from MLS.

According to Sportitalia, the 32-year-old Portugal international is already on his way only three months after signing for Genoa.

His rapport with the Grifone supporters has been tense, as he is considered a representative of unpopular President Enrico Preziosi, especially as he is married to the club patron’s daughter.


INTER WANT BENASSI BACK

Inter are believed to be keen to bring Marco Benassi back to the club, so could offer Yann Karamoh in exchange.

The midfielder came through the Nerazzurri’s youth system, but after just six Serie A appearances he joined Torino in a co-ownership deal.

Toro won the blind auction for the second half of his contract, before selling Benassi to Fiorentina in the summer of 2017.

Now Tuttosport is reporting that Inter want to bring Benassi back to San Siro, and are prepared to offer Yann Karamoh in exchange.


SPURS EXERCISE ALDERWEIRELD OPTION

Tottenham have exercised their option to extend Toby Alderweireld’s contract until 2020, but could risk losing him for £25m in the summer.

Alderweireld’s deal was due to expire at the end of the season, but after triggering this option Spurs have activated a clause in his contract which states he can leave for £25m this summer instead of on a free transfer.

Spurs would have to receive that £25m offer from another club 14 or more days before the end of the summer 2019 transfer window.


OZIL NOT GOING IN JANUARY

Mesut Ozil’s future at Arsenal will be reviewed at the end of the season after the midfielder and the club distanced themselves from the possibility of a transfer this month, says the Independent.

The German, 30, has a contract at the Emirates until the summer of 2021.


SEVILLA TARGET MORATA LOAN

Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata is a loan target for La Liga side Sevilla after they let Luis Muriel join Fiorentina, according to reports in the Sun.

However, the Spaniard will only be allowed to leave Stamford Bridge if the Blues sign a replacement forward.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here