OSB’s Transfer Centre: January Transfer Window – 11th Jan

0
367
TransferCentre
Online Sports Blog Transfer Centre

Our team at OnlineSportsBlog.com will keep you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip and updates throughout the whole month. So make sure you stay with us to follow all the latest developments.

Can’t keep up with all the rumours? Don’t you worry! We’ve got you covered!

11/01/2019

Flamengo have officially signed Inter striker Gabriel Barbosa on loan for the rest of the calendar year.

Gabigol had already tweeted confirmation of his move earlier in the week, but Flamengo have now formalised it themselves.

A statement on the club’s official website reads they have loaned the Inter attacker until the end of the 2019 Brazilian season, which finishes in December.


Gianluca Di Marzio claims Lazio did reject a significant bid from Real Madrid for midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic last summer.

Lazio chief Claudio Lotito drew ridicule earlier in the week for his boast that he turned down an offer of €160m for Milinkovic-Savic.

However, Di Marzio told Sky Sport Italia on Thursday evening that the President did knock back a ‘huge’ proposal from Madrid.


Roy Hodgson has denied Jermain Defoe turned down a move to Crystal Palace in order to join Rangers on loan from Bournemouth.

He said: “That’s not true. We had no interest. I saw his name mentioned in relation to the club. But it’s one thing people relating their players to our club, and another thing our club initiating moves to sign a player.”


Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund are set to sign Argentine defender Leonardo Balerdi in the current transfer window after reportedly agreeing a fee of 16 million euros ($18.45m).

Germany’s top-selling daily Bild reports that Dortmund’s chief scout and a lawyer are in Argentina to finalise details with the 19-year-old Boca Juniors defender, who will be offered a contract until June 2023.

The clubs have agreed a transfer fee and the centre-back is expected to arrive in Dortmund at the end of next week for a medical.


Bayern Munich have made four bids, including a £35m offer, for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.

However, Maurizio Sarri says the German champions have lacked respect over their approach for the 18-year-old.

He said: “I think that it’s not professional because they are talking about a player under contract at Chelsea.

“They didn’t respect our club, I think. I don’t know what to say, I do not know the situation. I am very, very happy with the player because the player is improving.”


Manolo Gabbiadini has completed his move from Southampton to Sampdoria, the Premier League club have announced.


Napoli have reportedly prioritised Hirving Lozano over Christian Kouame and will target Nicolo Barella if Allan leaves for Paris Saint-Germain.

Accordiing to Gianluca Di Marzio, PSG value Allan at €40-50m, which is ‘too little’ for Napoli for consider as they are holding out for ‘at least €80m’.

The transfer expert is also certain that the Partenopei will pursue Barella if the Brazilian departs, with the Cagliari midfielder described as a ‘natural substitute’.

Elsewhere, they would have put negotiations with Genoa for Kouame on standby as a meeting is scheduled with Lozano’s agent Mino Raiola on January 20.


Lucas Paqueta and Ivan Strinic are in the Milan squad for Saturday’s Coppa Italia last-16 tie with Sampdoria, but Suso misses out.

Paqueta is in line to make his Milan debut after completing his switch from Flamengo, while Strinic has been given the all-clear to resume his career following his recovery from a heart problem.


Barcelona have renewed their efforts to sign Chelsea forward Willian in a deal which would see Malcom move to Stamford Bridge. However, Maurizio Sarri insists he knows nothing of the proposed deal.

He said: “I didn’t receive anything yesterday. I don’t know you have to ask to the club. I have no ideas you have to contact the club and ask about the market because if you ask me about the market you put me in trouble because I don’t know how to answer.”

Asked if he was a player he did not want to lose, Sarri said: “Of course not. As you know, Willian for us is very important.”


Ralph Hasenhuttl says Wesley Hoedt is free to find a club after not featuring under the Southampton manager.

Hoedt signed from Lazio in August 2017 but has not been involved yet under Hasenhuttl and the Saints boss admitted the 24-year-old centre-back, who has six caps for the Netherlands, could be sold if the club can find a suitable buyer.

“Nearly every player [has] played a game until now but he didn’t. It’s difficult,” he said.


Roma are reportedly ready to lock down starlet Nicolo Zaniolo, who has attracted interest from Real Madrid.

Roma sporting director Monchi confirmed on Thursday that renewing Zaniolo’s contract was a priority, and Spanish daily Sport claims it is because his performances have ‘alerted the attentions’ of Madrid.

Los Blancos have gone from signing ‘Galacticos’ to the world’s best young talent in recent years, as seen by the likes of Marco Asensio, Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo moving to the Santiago Bernabeu.

The 19-year-old debuted for the Giallorossi against Los Blancos in the Champions League and has since broken through, scoring his first goal – a lob that drew comparisons with Francesco Totti – on Boxing Day.


Sampdoria have announced that they will sign Heerenveen and Norway midfielder Morten Thorsby this summer.

The deal was confirmed in a statement on Samp’s official website, with Thorsby signing a four-year contract that will take effect at the end of the season.

The 22-year-old will also arrive on a free transfer, given his link with Heerenveen expires on June 30.

Thorsby has scored five goals and assisted three times this season for the Dutch side, who are 10th in the Eredivisie, and has one cap for his native Norway.


Milan and Watford are reportedly battling it out to sign €20m-rated Olympique Lyonnais attacker Maxwel Cornet.

According to L’Equipe, Milan are interested in Cornet and have ‘already met his camp several times’.

However, the newspaper warns they face competition from Watford, who have opened talks with not only his representatives but also Lyon officials.

The 22-yard-old is capable of playing as a centre-forward or on the wide right and has two goals in eight caps for Ivory Coast.


Neill Warnock has confirmed Cardiff are unable to strike a deal for Nice midfielder Adrien Tameze and has played down speculation linking the club to Marseille winger Clinton N’Jie.

Tiameze: “We looked at him but at the moment that’s not a goer.”

N’Jie: “He’s probably one of the players we looked at. I’m not too worried about wide players, it’s the least of our worries really.”


Inter supremos Steven Zhang and Beppe Marotta say the fans can rest assured that Mauro Icardi will sign a new contract.

The stand-off between Icardi’s agent-wife and Inter appeared to be getting out of hand, amidst reports the striker would not renew his contractand Wanda Nara affirming the two parties were ‘very far apart’.

That was followed by the striker making it clear his loyalties lay with Nara, but Zhang and Marotta insist there is no reason for supporters to worry about losing their captain.

“Everything’s good [with Icardi] at the moment. It’s normal for newspapers to talk during this period of negotiations.

“Icardi is our captain and we’ll talk about his contract, but there aren’t any problems between us and we won’t be influenced by what the newspapers say,” he said.


Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed Marko Rog could join Sevilla but suggested that he will only let the midfielder leave permanently.

Sevilla emerged as Rog’s favoured destination over Schalke on Thursday, and De Laurentiis claimed the Croatian would be allowed to join the Spanish high-fliers, providing Napoli Coach Carlo Ancelotti gave the green light.

“I’m not used to buying players and then loaning them out,” he told ABC de Sevilla.

“It’s not in my philosophy and we don’t want to do that. Rog to Sevilla? It’s possible, but they’re not the only club who want the Croatian.


Eddie Howe insists Callum Wilson is not for sale “at any price” as the Bournemouth striker continues to be linked to Chelsea.

“I’ve been told about the speculation, it’s not something I seek to read,” he said.

“It’s a waste of time for me to do so. It’s business as normal, Callum has been bright and bubbly this week so no problems there.

“In my opinion, and it’s just my opinion, I wouldn’t sell at any price but I’m the manager of the team trying to create the best team that I can.


Manolo Gabbiadini is undergoing a medical with Sampdoria ahead of completing his move back from Southampton.

ANSA and Gianluca Di Marzio’s website report Gabbiadini checked into a medical laboratory in Genoa on Friday morning.

The striker is then headed for Samp’s offices, where he will sign a four-and-a-half-year contract.


Everton are interested in Chelsea’s Michy Batshuayi – but only if they can have him on a permanent deal, according to SkySports is reporting.

The Belgium striker is set to return from his loan spell at Valencia this month after struggling to make an impact and the Toffees are keen if they can unload one of either Cenk Tosun or Oumar Niasse this month.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here