Fred’s injury and his move to Man United explained
Fred’s proposed move to Manchester United looks to still be on track after Brazil boss Tite gave an update on his injury. Last week United announced they had reached an agreement with Shakhtar Donetsk for the transfer of Fred. Now it has been reported that he will be moving to the Red Devils within the week.
Fred impressed last season for Shakhtar, scoring four times and providing seven assists in 37 appearances, and will be a great asset for the team. Shakhtar Donetsk chief executive Sergei Palkin spoke highly of Fred and his move to Manchester United. He was in good spirits when he said;
‘I’m sure he will progress and improve his level. I wish him every success in the Premier League. ‘It’s nice that our former players – Willian, Fernandinho, Mkhitaryan, and Fred – have been playing in England for the top clubs competing for the top spot.”
Fred underwent his medical at the club last week, and was given the go ahead. However, when the 25-year-old limped out of training following a clash with Casemiro, the transfer was seemingly put into doubt. Fred was absent due to the injury in Brazil’s 3-0 win over Austria yesterday.
Brazil manager Tite expects Fred to be fine to resume training with the national side ahead to the World Cup and that the transfer will go ahead as planned.
“The doctor will bring us information about Fred. The forecast is that he is fit and ready to train with us,” he said.
Fred could feature in their World Cup opener against Switzerland on Sunday if he recovers in time. After that Brazil face Costa Rica and Serbia in Russia.